Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hats off to Facebook

When was the last time you logged on to Facebook?  Yesterday?  In the morning?  Or is your browser home page set to Facebook, and your internet surfing does not start until you go through your Facebook news feed?

Although I don't like to admit it, I have become a Facebook junkie of sort.  Granted that I have to be on Facebook for work (such is the life of a guy whose job title has 'social' in it), I have grown used to instant feedback that I get from friends all over the world.


Mark Zuckerberg knew how to innovate
and iterate fast
Facebook is just an amazing platform.  When I'm on Facebook and find a friend that I had no clue of his whereabouts for several years, I realize how connected we all have become.  Not just connecting with friends in far flung places, Facebook does it with such a speed and such a scale that it boggles my mind thinking about 500 million daily active users on the platform.  With Facebook, we started to see the web differently.  Web has become mass communication media where everyone gets a chance to speak, instead of one-way document servicing network.

For doing all these, Facebook does deserve a credit.  They continuously challenged the way we communicate with people around us, and in the process gave us a really powerful platform that no one could have dreamed of just several years ago.

I want to congratulate the folks at Facebook for leading the social network revolution and on its upcoming IPO.  It's a well deserved milestone for a company that demonstrated what is possible with social web.

No comments:

Post a Comment