Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Switching to Disqus

Some of you may have noticed Disqus comment forum now showing for all Future of Social Network blog entries.  I've made the switch after thinking about benefits of allowing pseudonymous comments as I wrote about the other day.  Unlike Facebook comment forum, Disqus allows commenter to use pseudonym when posting, and I think it's the best way to encourage most constructive discussion as Disqus folks outlined in their infographics.

The most interesting blog sites are the ones that allow foster open discussions about a topic.  Often times comment threads are more interesting than original post itself.  Hopefully one day this blog can become a place where constructive thoughts are shared on interesting topics.

For those of you thinking about switching to Disqus from Blogger comment forum, I can tell you that it took me about an hour and half to complete the entire process.  Starting with step-by-step instructions at Disqus to importing existing comments into Disqus.  It was a breeze.  Thank you, Disqus team.

6 comments:

  1. Good to read and I think disqus blog platform is really good to comment on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love disqus the most for commenting, they provides great services that even let me go back and let me check out the old comments from a single dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool.  It looks like I made the right switch.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disqus is a great tool to encourage comments and community. Did the new version update automatically or do we do it manually?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tweaked any settings on Disqus since I set it up about a year ago. And I just realized that while I experimented with new layout, I must have lost my earlier Disqus setup. Let me see if I can figure out how to set it up again... (for some reason auto config did not work.)

      Delete
  5. As we know communication is the best policy that retrieves our views, mostly we used social networking sites for better communication facilities for that we need to take the help of social media/social networking sites. Which are eligible to build a strong community? Therefore I don't think that the futures of social networking practices are in a dark stage as per records around the world 90% of people are using social networking sites.

    ReplyDelete